Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, S.


The month of October is very special to me.  Both of my beautiful godchildren were born in October and, of course, there's Halloween, so wonderfully weird, spooky, and nostalgic.  From my perspective, October is fall (my favorite season) in quintessence.  The evenings finally begin to cool and the days ease away from summer's fervor.  Taking in the air's earthy, herby fragrance is at once invigorating and calming.  And the colors!  The landscape is as vivid and saturated as the luscious fruits and vegetables of the autumn harvest.

The sweet-spot of October is today, my husband's birthday.  We've celebrated/survived many - MANY - birthdays.  This year's is always more special to me than any other; celebrating this year's birthday means that I have my husband here, now.  The now is truly a gift and the only kept promise in a life of unpredictability.


Happy birthday to my sweet husband.  I love you.

Photo courtesy of Rachel and Rico Castillero.

No comments:

Post a Comment