Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving List

This is happening, people.   I know, I know.   It’s terribly trite and everyone makes one, but goldarn it, I’m thankful for stuff!  I’ll try to keep my list short as you’re probably busy scouring the Internet for a super innovative – yet not inedible – cranberry sauce recipe (hint:  it doesn’t exist).  Now then...

1.  Really thankful I don’t have any weird moles.  I once worked with someone who discovered a weird mole on his ear.  Next thing I knew – DEAD.  He died in fatal car accident, but when he was alive his mole really stressed me out.

2.  Thankful for my new sneakers.   I love them, sure.  They’re the cutest sneakers ever.  But what they really are is a beacon of victory for consumers everywhere.  $65 on Amazon (LOL, Amazon. You clearly don’t know who you’re dealing with here); $19.99 at the local shoe warehouse. SUCK IT, AMAZON. You are…loooosah.

3.  Thankful for fabric glue.  I may never have to sew again.

4.  Very, very grateful for leafy greens, beans, whole grains, et al.  Thanks to a high fiber diet, I can eat butter whole sticks at a time and not have to worry about that pesky high cholesterol business. That’s what I got out of the research anyway.

5.  Who wants to wash dishes?  I don’t.  And for this, I thank you, cast iron skillets.

I'm thankful for all of the really good stuff, too.  I basically hit the jackpot in the loved-ones department, a few of whom gave me some pretty sweet heritable material to work with.  I'm healthy (see item #4, above).  I'm housed, clothed, and employed.  I’m free – to vote, to learn, to drive, to speak (You are welcome!).  I’m happy.

Wishing you happiness, this Thanksgiving and ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment